WE LOVE OUR DOGS!
Leashed, well-behaved dogs AND well-behaved owners are accepted at the Kaiwi Coast Run & Walk.
After a pilot program in 2018, we have decided to include dogs again in 2019! While the pilot program was enthusiastically embraced by dog owners wanting to walk or run with their fur babies, there are still details that need to be worked out. We will see how it goes to determine from year to year the future of including dogs.
Here are the details:
- * DOGS ONLY.
- * NO DOGS ON THE BUS: You must find your own ride to and from the start and finish. No dogs, except bona fide service dogs, are allowed on the buses.
- * LEASHED: All dogs must be leashed and friendly to both people and other dogs. If you have to ask someone if your dog is friendly enough, then the answer is probably no!
- * MAINTAIN CONTROL: Your dog must be under your control at all times.
- * PICK UP AFTER YOUR DOG: Bring your own poop bags. You are required to pick up after your fur baby.
- * REGISTRATION: You must be a registered participant, but you do not need to register your dog separately. Please check the box on the application (Dog: yes/no) to let us know you are bringing a dog.
If 2019 works well, we look forward to years of walking the beautiful coast with our extended family members.